All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<b> If you think you knew Paul, get ready to have all sorts of cherished preconceptions exhilaratingly stripped away. If you've ever been vaguely curious, there is finer introduction. (</b><i><b>Los Angeles Times</b></i><b>)</b> In his <i>New York Times</i> bestsellers <i>What Jesus Meant </i>and <i>What the Gospels Meant</i>, Garry Wills offers fresh and incisive readings of Jesus' teachings and the four gospels. Here Wills turns to Paul the Apostle, whose writings have provoked controversy throughout Christian history. Upending many common assumptions, Wills argues eloquently that Paul s teachings are t opposed to Jesus'<b></b>message. Rather, the best way to kw Jesus is to discover Paul. In this stimulating and masterly analysis, Wills illuminates how Paul, writing on the road and in the heat of the moment, and often in the midst of controversy, galvanized a movement and offers us the best reflection of those early times.
- Author Biography<b>Garry Wills</b>is a historian and the author of the<i>New York Times</i>bestsellers<i>What Jesus Meant</i>, <i>Papal Sin</i>, <i>Why I Am a Catholic</i>, and<i>Why Priests?</i>, among others. A frequent contributor tothe<i>New York Review of Books</i>and other publications, Wills is a Pulitzer Prize winner and a professor emeritus at Northwestern University. He lives in Evanston, Illinois.
- Author(s)Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist and Historian Garry Wills
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Penguin Press
- Weight172 g
- Width142 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.