All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.94Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.08Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- Description<b>Have you ever wondered what you would like to do as a job? Or do you kw what you want to do but you're t sure how to get there? Are you simply looking for some inspiration and great tips along the way? </b> What Rocks Your World is a unique career guide written for all young people by experienced careers adviser Jenny Mullins. Using the talent show format Jenny guides you through each stage: <i>Just Me </i>- Find out what is important to you. Discover the secrets you have about your hopes and dreams. <i>Audition Stage </i>- Start to act on your ideas and interview those around you. The Audition Stage contains suggestions and top tips. <i>Boot Camp </i>- It's time to get serious. Boot Camp has a wealth of Information about part-time jobs and applying for courses. It shows you how to write a great CV, make applications and get a mentor to support you as you go for your goal. <i>Showcase Final </i>- You've made it and the judges want to see you. So follow these tips to shine in front of your audience. This interactive book is supported by a series of helpful worksheets which are available to readers from the What Rocks Your World website. So what are you waiting for? Find out What Rocks Your World and put your talent to work. Jenny Mullins has over 20 years' experience as a careers adviser and youth worker. She has helped thousands of young people to find out what rocks their world. Jenny's passion is to encourage all young people to work out what they want to do, kw how to do it and stay positive during it all. Want to find out more? Check out her website www.whatrocksyourworld.com or tweet her @whatrocksyou. <i> What Rocks Your World is a must read for every individual progressing through School, College and Higher Education Institutions. Jenny powerfully taps into the needs of young people by using analogies from their everyday experiences, taking them on a fulfilling journey of self exploration to identify their talents and explore their skill sets to their best advantage. An appealing read which carries a warning to all young people; read this and be prepared to be amazed at what you can achieve in life! </i> Dr Jayne Sayers <i> What Rocks Your World is a vibrant book that stands out clearly from other books in this market. It has a lively and accessible style that is easy to pick up and engage with. I can readily see undergraduate students finding this book as useful as A-level students will, with its particular focus on the individual and aiming for them to look at themselves. The interactive Twitter challenges give the book an edge of reader-friendly interaction while allowing them to engage in reflection as well as the public expression of their thoughts and ideas - something that they must prepare to do if going to Higher Education Institutions and Universities. One particular strength of this book is that it focuses on enjoyment - students are often placed on the treadmills of 'personal and professional development' and 'portfolio development' while in Further and Higher education - and the emphasis of this book is clearly to get young people to think about what they enjoy, their own talents and what they are good at. The message here is clearly that if the reader thinks about it and reflects on their own life, 'business can be their pleasure, and pleasure can be their business'. I would be happy to see my undergraduate students reading this book as it may open their eyes to many more career paths than they may think they have. </i> Professor Craig Jackson Professor of Occupational Health Psychology
- Author BiographyJenny Mullins is a Careers Adviser with over 20 years' experience working with young people. Her passion is to help young people work out what they want to do with their lives and support them to achieve their goal. She has worked across the UK in schools, colleges, youth groups and universities. Enthusiastic and committed to raising aspirations, she was awarded a National Careers Award in 2008. She works as a Careers Consultant at the University of Birmingham, UK. Known amongst her friends for having a very silly sense of humour as well as possibly the world's loudest sneezes, she often tells people that she keeps bees (she doesn't keep bees but it always gets a reaction). She would like to travel more, loves the Adrian Mole diaries and hopes to write more books in the future. Her website is www.whatrocksyourworld.com.
- Author(s)Jenny Mullins
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.