All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo provide essential guidance to urban school board members committed to high achievement for all children, Don McAdams presents a comprehensive approach to board leadership he calls reform governance. This accessible framework brings together all the work of an urban school board, including everything from big ideas about core beliefs and theories of action for change, to the fundamental relationships and processes through which boards and superintendents work together, and the leadership role boards have in building community support for sustained change. Taking into account the hot political arena of urban education, reform governance: helps school board members understand why it is necessary to redesign urban districts and what their role in the process should be; sets forth principles that boards can use as guides to action, and gives real-life examples of how they work; and, shows how a strong board and superintendent team can work together to be agents for change.
- Author BiographyDonald R. McAdams is president of the Center for Reform of School Systems. He is the author of Fighting to Save Our Urban Schools...and Winning! Lessons from Houston
- Author(s)Donald R. McAdams
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Foreword byRod Paige
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.