All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an entertaining account of Reverend Billy, a self-declared fake southern Baptist preacher of The Church of Stop Shopping, who uses guerilla theatrics and culture jamming to enlighten consumers. We go inside The Disney Store in New York to witness staged dramas against consumerism, we encounter a credit card exorcism performed in front of a crowd of astonished tourists and we listen to a gospel choir singing anti-Starbucks anthems.
- Author BiographyBill Talen is an actor and activist who, as the Reverend Billy, has been feted and arrested in several countries. He lives and preaches in New York City.
- Author(s)Billy Talen
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width141 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.