All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $10.86Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $17.52Trending at AU $21.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis provocative book introduces a brand-new view of techlogy. It suggests that techlogy as a whole is t a jumble of wires and metal but a living, evolving organism that has its own unconscious needs and tendencies. Kevin Kelly looks out through the eyes of this global techlogical system to discover what it wants. He uses vivid examples from the past to trace techlogy's long course and then follows a dozen trajectories of techlogy into the near future to project where techlogy is headed. This new theory of techlogy offers three practical lessons: By listening to what techlogy wants we can better prepare ourselves and our children for the inevitable techlogies to come. By adopting the principles of proaction and engagement, we can steer techlogies into their best roles. And by aligning ourselves with the long-term imperatives of this near-living system, we can capture its full gifts. Written in intelligent and accessible language, this is a fascinating, invative, and optimistic look at how humanity and techlogy join to produce increasing opportunities in the world and how techlogy can give our lives greater meaning.
- Author BiographyKevin Kelly helped launch Wired magazine and was its executive editor for nearly seven years. He has written for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Economist. His books include Out of Control and the bestselling New Rules for a New Economy. Kevin lives in Pacifica, California. Paul Boehmer appeared for two seasons at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, California, where he played Oberon/Theseus in A Midsummer Night's Dream and Lucius in Titus Andronicus. He also appeared in The Constant Wife, played Banquo in Macbeth, and was Antipholus of Syracuse in The Comedy of Errors in the 2005 Summer Rep Season at the Globe. He has appeared in Sir Peter Halls's acclaimed Broadway production of Oscar Wilde's An Ideal Husband, Off-Broadway in the New York premiere of Miss Evers' Boys, and Off-Off-Broadway in New Yorrick, New Yorrick and End of the Day. He has appeared regionally at the Pioneer Theatre Company, Arena Stage, Seattle Rep, Huntington Theatre Company, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Cleveland Playhouse, Missouri Repertory Theatre, Walnut Street Theatre, Syracuse Stage, Berkshire Theatre Festival, and Theatre Works Palo Alto. His film and television appearances include The Good German, The Thomas Crown Affair, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Frasier, Judging Amy, Guiding Light, and All My Children. Paul is most proud of his award-winning unabridged recording of Moby Dick. He holds a BFA in acting from Southern Methodist University and an MFA in acting from the Professional Theatre Training Program at the University of Delaware.
- Author(s)Kevin Kelly
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Paul Boehmer
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time930
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.