Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Therapists Say and Why They Say It, 2nd ed, is one of the most practical and flexible textbooks available to counseling students. The new edition includes more than one hundred techniques and more than a thousand specific therapeutic responses that elucidate, in the most concrete possible way, t just why but how to practice good therapy. Transcripts show students how to integrate and develop content during sessions, and practice exercises help learners develop, discuss, combine, and customize various approaches to working with clients. The second edition is designed specifically for use as a main textbook, and it includes more detailed explanations of both different counseling modalities and the interaction between techniques and the counseling process-for example, the use of Socratic and circular questions within the art therapy process. What Therapists Say and Why They Say It, 2nd ed, is also designed to help students make clear connections between the skills they learn in prepracticum and practicum with other courses in the curriculum-especially the 8 core CACREP areas.
- Author BiographyBill McHenry, PhD, is the dean of graduate studies and research at Texas A&M University-Texarkana. Prior to accepting an administrative position, he served as a counselor educator for 10 years. Jim McHenry, EdD, was a professor at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania for 32 years and is now a semi-retired professor emeritus.
- Author(s)Bill McHenry,Jim McHenry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.