All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $38.94
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.66
About this product
- DescriptionEvery night when his parents turn off the light, strange creatures descend from the black space where the ceiling used to be . . . First comes one, then ather, and then more and more. They stand all around him, staring, t saying a word. And then, worst of all, comes the dark, shapeless one that tells him, I am what s there before there is anything there . . . Liniers art, reminiscent of Herge and other great comic book artists, feelingly portrays the little boy s growing terror and his frantic dash for his parents bedroom. Combined with hand-lettering, it creates the feeling of a graphic vel for very young readers. Destined to become a classic about nighttime fears (like Paul Galdone s <i>The Teeny-Tiny Woman</i>), this story resonates with young children afraid of the dark. They're reassured to see that, although the little boy s fears don t go away, he does find a way to cope with them.
- Author Biography<b>Liniers</b> is a cartoonist from Argentina who was born in Buenos Aires in 1973. His work has appeared internationally in newspapers, books, and magazines, including <i>Rolling Stone</i> and <i>Spirou.</i> He has created a daily comic strip for the Argentine newspaper <i>La Nacion</i> for more than ten years. His U.S. children s book debut, <i>The Big Wet Balloon, </i> was recently published in English and Spanish editions, was named a <i>Parents</i> Best Book of the Year, and received starred reviews from <i>Kirkus Reviews</i> and <i>The Horn Book Review.</i> Liniers enjoys travel and often accompanies his musician-friend Kevin Johansen on tour. He lives with his family in Buenos Aires. <b>Elisa Amado</b> lives in Toronto.
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Weight318 g
- Width213 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byElisa Amado
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.