All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1980s: Ten-year-old Kate Meaney - with her 'Top Secret' tebook and Mickey her toy monkey - is busy being a junior detective. She observes goings-on and follows 'suspects' at the newly opened Green Oaks shopping centre and in her street, where she is friends with the newsagent's son, Adrian. But when this curious, independent-spirited young girl disappears, Adrian falls under suspicion and is hounded out of his home by the press. Then, in 2004, Lisa is working as a deputy manager at Your Music, a cut-price record store. Every day, under the watchful eye of the CCTV, she tears her hair out at the behaviour of her customers and colleagues. But when she meets security guard Kurt, she becomes entranced by the little girl he keeps glimpsing on the centre's CCTV. As their after-hours friendship intensifies, they investigate how these sightings might be connected to the unsettling history of Green Oaks.
- Author BiographyCatherine O'Flynn was born in Birmingham in 1970, where she grew up in and around her parents' sweet shop as the youngest child of a large family. She has been a teacher, web editor, mystery customer and postwoman. Her first novel draws on her experience of working in record stores - and of growing up as a child intrigued by clues, suspects and methods of detection.
- PrizesWinner of Costa First Novel Award 2007.
- Author(s)Catherine O'Flynn
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTindal Street Press
- Weight182 g
- Width133 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.61
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.