All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe morning of August 24, AD 79, seemed like any other in the Roman city of Pompeii. So one was prepared when the nearby volca Mount Vesuvius suddenly erupted, spouting ash that buried the city and its inhabitants. The disaster left thousands dead, and Pompeii was more than a memory for almost 1,700 years. In 1748, explorers rediscovered the port city with intact buildings and beautiful mosaics. This easy-to-read account is gripping and includes photos of the ruins.
- Author BiographyJim O'Connor is the author of <i>What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?</i> and <i>Who Is Bob Dylan?</i> He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jim O'Connor
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWhat Was...
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width136 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fred Harper,John Hinderliter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.