All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe age of austerity has brought a new generation of protesters on to the streets across the world. As the ecomic crisis meets the environmental crisis, millions fear what the future will bring but also dare to dream of a different society. What We Are Fighting For tries to answer the question that the mainstream media loves to ask the protesters. The first radical, collective manifesto of the new decade, it brings together some of the key theorists and activists from the new networked and creative social movements. Contributors include Owen Jones, David Graeber, John Holloway, Nina Power, Mark Fisher, Franco Berardi Bifo and Marina Sitrin. Chapters outline the alternative vision that animates the new global movement - from 'new ecomics' and 'new governance' to 'new public' and 'new social imagination'. The book concludes by exploring 'new tactics of struggle'.
- Author BiographyFederico Campagna is a writer and activist. He is one of the founders of the journal Through Europe and contributes to a number of magazines and radio programmes in Italy and the UK. He organised the 'What are we struggling for?' conference at the ICA, London, and is the editor of Franco Berardi Bifo's forthcoming reader. Emanuele Campiglio is a Researcher at the New Economics Foundation.
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEmanuele Campiglio,Federico Campagna
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.