All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionToday, more than 1.7 million Christians are members of Mennite-related churches. They are scattered across eighty-three countries. They trace their history to the Anabaptist movement, a part of the sixteenth-century Radical Reformation in Europe. What beliefs do these heirs of the free-church movement, only loosely connected to each other, hold in common today? This first-of-its-kind book explores seven convictions shared by these churches, w on six continents, who have always insisted that what they believe will be reflected in how they live. Theologian and teacher Alfred Neufeld, of Asuncion, Paraguay, was asked by Mennite World Conference to write this commentary on the seven convictions. In a rich and readable style, he fills out their meaning and significance, drawing upon Old and New Testament scriptures as well as examples and stories from history and current church life around the world. Writing as a member from the Southern Hemisphere, Neufeld brings a fresh view to a movement that for more than four hundred years was active primarily in Europe and North America. (The majority of members w live in the global south.) This book offers a fresh and up-to-date look at the core beliefs and the practices that have developed from them, held by Mennite-related groups around the world today. This newly updated edition contains vibrant full-color photos throughout.
- Author BiographyAlfred Neufeld is a Mennonite theologian from Paraguay. An ordained minister, he has spent most of his professional life teaching and building up educational institutions. Neufeld is currently rector (president) of the Universidad Evangelica del Paraguay, a Protestant university owned by the Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian, Disciples of Christ, Mennonite, and Mennonite Brethren churches of Paraguay. He is also a visiting professor at the Basel-Bienenberg Mennonite Seminary in Switzerland. He lives in Asuncion, Paraguay.
- Author(s)Alfred Neufeld
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationMelksham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGood Books
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Merle Good
- Introduction byCesar R. Mata Garcia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.