All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat we wear can identify who we are: what team we play for or what team we root for, where we go to school, how we worship, or how we represent our heritage. What we wear expresses our individuality, and clothes can make us happy, confident, and proud. Whether it's a piper in a tartan plaid, a cowpoke in a cowboy hat, or a vice in ceremonial face paint, children everywhere wear different clothes and accessories for different reasons. But, one thing they all have in common is that they are all unique and beautiful. A celebration of clothing in bright, beautiful photographs of exuberant children from around the world, WHAT WE WEAR: DRESSING UP AROUND THE WORLD inspires young readers to explore the way clothing makes them feel and how it tells the world who they are. Backmatter encourages young readers to explore the way people dress in other countries and other cultures at folk festivals, at museums, and at home by asking about their own family heritage.
- Author BiographyMaya Ajmera is the founder of The Global Fund for Children. She is the co-author of several Global Fund for Children books, including FAITH, GLOBAL BABIES, CHILDREN OF THE U.S.A., and CHILDREN FROM AUSTRALIA TO ZIMBABWE. Elise Hofer Derstine is a writer and farmer. She lives in Goshen, Indiana. Cynthia Pon worked for many years as the director of Global Fund for Children Books and is the co-author of several books, including FAITH, CHILDREN OF THE U.S.A., and others.
- Author(s)Elise Hofer Derstine,Maya Ajmera
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/02/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.79Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.63Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.23Trending at AU $41.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.