All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to change the self-critical stories in your mind and rewire your brain so that you gain the self-confidence to build more fulfilling relationships, careers, and social life. Since childhood, our experiences and interactions have shaped the running narrative of who we are and how we view ourselves. When those interactions are painful, many of us have a tendency to internalize the negativity, translating mean or selfish messages given to us by family, friends, or teachers during our youth into truths about who we are-our flaws, failures, and shortcomings. Through practical and easy-to-understand principles and techniques, What Went Right teaches you to recognize and intervene on self-defeating thought processes and uncover your core beliefs about who you really are. Through these exercises, you will learn how your thoughts drive feelings that influence your behaviours. By changing your thinking, you can unlock self-affirming feelings and actions needed to create your new life story and become the person you want to be.
- Author BiographyEileen Bailey, a freelance writer specializing in behavioral health topics, is the coauthor of Idiot's Guide to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and The Essential Guide to Asperger's Syndrome. Michael G. Wetter, PsyD, is associate director of psychology in the surgery division at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. In addition to having a private practice, he trains professionals, lectures, and publishes extensively in professional journals on dialectical behavior therapy.
- Author(s)Eileen Bailey,Michael G. Wetter
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.