All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionFilm musicals: you either love them or they make you want to kill yourself slowly with plastic cutlery. Nothing has the power to lift your heart or turn your stomach like Howard Keel in fake sideburns singing 'Bless Your Beautiful Hide' or Julie Andrews singing...well, just about anything. There are few situations where the question, What would Barbra do? doesn't have relevance in a world which is much better lived to a soundtrack of show-tunes. This is a book for people who kw that: people don't tend to die in musicals, but those who do deserve it; true love waits long eugh for an element of mistaken identity to be introduced (especially if one of the couple is a Nazi); women carry the show; and talented women wind up alone...But they have the consolation of the torch song, which in Hollywood musicals is more fulfilling than a husband.
- Author BiographyEmma Brockes has been a feature writer at the Guardian for several years.In 2001 she won Young Journalist of the Year at the British Press Awards, and in 2002 she was voted Feature Writer of the Year, one of the youngest ever recipients of the award. After living in London, where she indulged her passion for musicals at every opportunity, Emma has now moved to New York where she hopes to do the same.
- Author(s)Emma Brockes
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight170 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.