All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionAn upbeat, balanced program that can help you prevent diabetes and lead a healthier and happier life.Do you have a family history of diabetes? Are you overweight? Don t exercise much? You could be at risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes, a disease that affects 16 million Americans. There is cure yet for diabetes. But you can prevent it. You don t need radical diets, drugs, or impossible-to-follow regimens just healthy eating, exercise, and the right lifestyle changes as outlined in this inspiring and supportive guide.You ve been hearing a lot about ways to prevent such conditions as heart disease and cancer. But diabetes? Most of us assume it just happens. But actually, it too is preventable. Drawing on their extensive experience counseling people on nutrition and diabetes, authors Annette Maggi and Jackie Boucher outline the three key steps to preventing diabetes managing your weight, getting active, and building healthier eating habits. And they show you how to successfully add positive new habits to every part of your daily routine and find balance in every aspect of your life.You will learn: * Which eating habits help prevent diabetes* Why physical activity may improve your body s ability to use insulin* How to tune into your body and stop listening to emotional triggers* How to reprogram your unconscious to make healthier habits a permanent part of your lifeWhat You Can Do to Prevent Diabetes provides an inspiring message for all of us who would like to stop disease before it starts. By following the upbeat advice and simple lessons in this lifesaving book, you will make smart lifestyle changes that t only can prevent diabetes, but lead to a healthier, happier life.
- Author BiographyANNETTE MAGGI, M.S., R.D., and JACKIE BOUCHER, M.S., R.D., C.D.E., are nutrition educators who provide practical approaches and real solutions for consumers nutritional concerns. They are coauthors of Weight Management for Type 2 Diabetes.
- Author(s)Annette Maggi,Jackie L Boucher
- Date of Publication31/01/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.