All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're a new manager (or are considering such a position), you'll want What Your Boss Never Told You, by Gary Winters, at your side. It's filled with practical suggestions and powerful insight about your new position. Most people are selected for management because of their outstanding technical skills, but as Winters points out, What got you to the party may get you shown to the door, if you don't learn to think (and act) like a leader. This book will kickstart your leadership development plan. The transition into management is challenging, and too many newly-promoted managers get little support making the shift. But if they search for a book on management, they'll find a staggering 600,000+ books currently available. How can you narrow that down? What Your Boss Never Told You is the best place to start. No textbook here - this book is short and sweet. It's designed to help you unpack your new job and be effective from the first day with your new team. It contains twenty-one chapters filled with the wisdom Winters has gathered from real managers - effective, successful leaders in organizations much like yours. You can read it over the weekend or on a flight to a business conference. Then you can put the ideas into practice immediately. It's that simple. The book's title is an ackwledgement that many experienced and talented senior managers aren't as skilled (or committed) as we might like them to be in terms of developing new managers. Plus they have many priorities - and getting the new manager coached up is but one of them. Winters has spent over 25 years learning from effective managers what they do and how they think. The lessons for new managers are in this book. Just as a Quick Start Guide helps a photography enthusiast start shooting good pictures with a new digital camera right out of the box, What Your Boss Never Told You will give you the confidence to start leading your new team in the right direction immediately.
- Author BiographyGary Winters is the founder and publisher of a popular leadership blog, The Leadership Almanac. Thousands of visitors have come to the site for his articles on practical, effective, and proven management strategies and tools. For the past twenty-five years, Gary has been a leadership coach, a team-building facilitator, and a management workshop designer / presenter. Over 30,000 participants have attended his seminars. Based in San Diego, Gary has extensive experience in the public, non-profit and private sectors, with clients including federal, state, county and local government agencies, high tech manufacturing, telecommunications, hospitals and school districts, and others. His first book, co-written with Eric Klein, is To Do Or Not To Do: How Successful Leaders Make Better Decisions. To learn more about Gary, visit him on the internet at www.garywinters.com, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone him at 619-840-0148.
- Author(s)Gary C Winters
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.