All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionEurope is imbued with a multitude of social, cultural, ecomic and political meanings. The authors of this comprehensive text present an authoritative yet accessible introduction to understanding Europe today, moving beyond accounts of European integration to provide a holistic and nuanced study of contemporary Europe and its historical development. This book explores evolving definitions of Europe from antiquity, to the Cold War, right through to Europe in the midst of the Eurozone and global financial crises. By examining the different roles and meanings that Europe has held inside and outside of the continent, including the European Union's 'branding' of Europe, the text grounds its analysis in an understanding of Europes plural. Chapters explore concepts of Europe as civilization, Europe as progress, Europe as unity and Europe as diversity. How do Europeans think of themselves and their respective national identities in a multicultural and multi-ethnic age? How has modernity and the pre- and post-industrial values of Europe affected the Europe of w and what are the political legacies of Europe? To what extent are tions of social solidarity shared across the continent? This is the first text to systematically answer these questions, and others, in order to better determine 'what is Europe?'
- Author BiographyAnna Triandafyllidou is Professor at the Global Governance Programme (GGP) of the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), European University Institute, Italy. Ruby Gropas is Research Fellow at the European University Institute, Italy. She is also Visiting Professor at the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, and holds a Lectureship in International Relations at the Law Faculty of the Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
- Author(s)Anna Triandafyllidou,Ruby Gropas
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series Title21st Century Europe
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight511 g
- Width138 mm
- Height138 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.