All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is existential anthropology, and how would you define it? What has been gained by using existential perspectives in your fieldwork and writing? Editors Michael Jackson and Albert Piette each invited anthropologists on both sides of the Atlantic to join in addressing these questions and exploring how various approaches to the human condition might be brought together on the levels of method and of theory. Both editors also bring their own perspective: While Jackson has drawn on phemelogy, deploying the concepts of intersubjectivity, lifeworld, experience, existential mobility and event, Piette has drawn on Heidegger's Dasein-analysis, and developed a phemegraphical method for the observation and description of human beings in their singularity and ever-changing situations.
- Author BiographyMichael Jackson is Distinguished Professor of World Religions at Harvard Divinity School. He has done fieldwork among the Kuranko of Sierra Leone, the Warlpiri of Central Australia, the Kuku-Yalanji of Cape York Peninsula, and with African migrants in Europe. He is the author of over 30 books of ethnography, poetry and fiction. Albert Piette is Professor of Anthropology at Paris West University Nanterre and researcher at Centre for Ethnology and Comparative Sociology. In fieldwork, he has observed carnivals and festivals in Belgium, and quotidian life in Catholic parishes of France. He is author of over 15 books in French about the epistemology and observation of details, religious phenomena and rituals.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note2 illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlbert Piette,Michael Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.