Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionAn atheist does t believe in God. An agstic is uncertain about the existence of a God. The scientific community agrees that the Universe was formed with the Big Bang and that it is impossible to determine where, how or why this took place. Rabbi Sherwin T. Wine, founder of the Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism, coined the term Igstic to describe one who believes that it is futile to try to determine what preceded this event and who did it. Therefore one should live without reference to God. as a supernatural being. Furthermore, you can do God's work and t believe in God. This book is t intended to challenge those who believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. . My suggestion is NOT to read this guidebook until you have studied some science and are perplexed, uncertain or skeptical about the Universe. and its origin. The evolution through the millenniums of the tribe that in time became the Jews and their religion is told. Rationalizations to explain the Holocaust and the differences between Authoritative and Humanistic religions are examined. A list of the atrocities that Religions have perpetrated is summarized. And the need for one to have faith is emphasized. A list of the major organizations for Cultural, Secular and Humanistic Judaism are comprised as well as other source material is given. Book II of Serious Narishkite (foolishness) is also included. Our Jewish Religion is a treasure trove of delight based on a four thousand year history. Our collective culture includes architecture, art, ceremonies, customs, holidays, languages, literature, music, rituals, traditions, as well as the altruistic moral code and ethical teachings that Judaism advocates and embraces. Do t deprive yourself and future generations of our heritage, our Y'rusha!.
- Author(s)Ed Brody
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight239 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.