All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionA graphic memoir of a good-for-thing Japanese artist who has been jailed twice for so-called acts of obscenity and the distribution of porgraphic materials yet continues to champion the art of pussy. In a society where one can be censored, pixelated, and punished, Rokudenashiko asks what makes pussy so problematic? Rokudenashiko ( good-for-thing girl ) is a Japanese artist. She is kwn for her series of decorated vulva moulds, or Decoman, a portmanteau of decorated and manko, slang for vagina. Distributing a 3D scan of her genitalia to crowdfunding supporters led to her arrest for alleged violation of Japanese obscenity laws.
- Author BiographyRokudenashiko ( good-for-nothing girl or bad girl ) is a Japanese sculptor and mangaka. She is known for her series of decorated vulva moulds, or Deco-man, a portmanteau of decorated and manko, which is Japanese slang for vagina. The moulds have taken the shape of dioramas, kawaii characters and a kayak based on a 3D scan of her genitalia, which she dubbed the pussy boat. Distributing the 3D scan to crowdfunding supporters led to her arrest in 2014 for alleged violation of Japanese obscenity laws. Her work is noted for challenging Japanese perceptions of female sexuality through taboo skewering humour and wit.
- PublisherKoyama Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKoyama Press
- Content NoteColor photos, color illustrations, B&W illustrations throughout
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGraham Kolbeins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.