All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $54.78Trending at AU $56.04
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $9.50Trending at AU $12.30
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.50
- AU $9.97Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures a CD which includes an audiobook read by children's TV presenter Justin Fletcher and a special video of a British Sign Language interpretation of the story. The book and CD pack has a version of the story for everybody! The jackdaw wants all his friends to come to his party, but when he calls out his invitation the animals just touch their heads. Why won't they answer? And what do their actions mean? Luckily a brown owl can help him with the puzzle! This book about friendship and sign language was created by Gruffalo author Julia Donaldson with a group of deaf children in a workshop organised by the t-for-profit organisation Life & Deaf (www.lifeanddeaf.co.uk) which helps deaf children to explore their identities through poetry, film, performance and art. Featuring Nick Sharratt's bright and accessible illustrations, WHAT THE JACKDAW SAW is ather beautiful picture book from the team behind GOAT GOES TO PLAYGROUP and TODDLE WADDLE.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson (UK Children's Laureate 2011-2013) is a household name. Her wonderful stories are part of every contemporary family's life, through her bestselling books and brilliant live shows. She writes award-winning fiction, poetry, plays and songs as well as the picture books for which she is best known, including ROOM ON THE BROOM, WHAT THE LADYBIRD HEARD, THE PAPER DOLLS and THE GRUFFALO. Julia lives with her husband in Sussex. Nick Sharratt is a prize-winning artist who has illustrated many books for children of all ages, most notably in the stories of Jacqueline Wilson. His picture book collaborations with Julia Donaldson include CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FOR GREEDY GOOSE, HIPPO HAS A HAT, ONE MOLE DIGGING A HOLE, TODDLE WADDLE and ANIMAL MUSIC. His many bestselling picture and novelty books also include the LIFT-THE-FLAP FAIRY TALES series for Macmillan. Nick lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Digital Audio
- Weight187 g
- Width271 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Sharratt
- Read byJustin Fletcher
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.