All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn this updated classic, Glenn Doman - founder of The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential and pioneer in the treatment of the brain-injured children - brings real hope to thousands of children who have been sentenced to a life of institutional confinement. Based upon a half-century of successful work performed at The Institutes, this book explains why old theories and techniques fail and why the philosophy and revolutionary treatment of The Institutes succeed. In What To Do About Your Brain-Injured Child , Doman recounts the story of The Institutes worldwide research - setbacks as well as history-making breakthroughs - during its tireless effort to refine treatment of the brain injured. He shares the staff's lifesaving techniques and the tools used to measure (and ultimately improve) visual, auditory, tactile, mobile and manual development. Doman explains the unique methods of treatment that are constantly being improved and expanded and then describes the programme with which parents are able to treat their own children at home in a familiar and loving environment. Included throughout are case histories, drawings and helpful charts and diagrams. Twenty thousand families from over one hundred nations have brought their children to The Institutes. The great majority of these children have done better than their parents had hoped based on prior experience with conventional methods. For each of these families, this book was the starting point.
- Author(s)Glenn J. Doman
- PublisherSquare One Publishers
- Date of Publication28/09/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationGarden City Park, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintSquare One Publishers
- Content Noteblack and white charts and diagrams
- Weight750 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement30th anniversary revised and updated ed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.