CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionWhat to do when you get promoted to management level and, in particular, how to manage people. Most new managers get very little initial training on how to manage. Generally, new managers are promoted or selected for the role because of their excellent technical or professional expertise. It is assumed therefore that they will also be experts at people management, but this is often t the case. WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU BECOME THE BOSS is a complete how to guide for first-time managers. Simple and practical, you'll discover how to: Become an effective leader and get the best out of yourself and be recognised throughout the organisation; Allocate your time effectively between leading, managing and operating; Manage your boss; Manage team performance, including setting standards, coaching, motivating and appraising performance; Delegate, make effective decisions and run motivating meetings; Choose the right person for the job using a proven method.
- Author BiographyBob Selden is an organisational development consultant, trainer and coach. Bob survived his first managerial role in banking to eventually become a senior manager, responsible for the career development of hundreds of other managers. He lives in Australia but works internationally, and coaches on the Mobilizing People program at the International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland and the Middle Management Development program at the Australian Graduate School of Management in Sydney.
- Author(s)Bob Selden
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBusiness Plus
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.