Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition offers both new and experienced teachers over 200 updated strategies and techniques to meet the critical challenges of today's diverse classroom and unique student needs. This resource features the latest theories and research on classroom management, violence prevention, emotional intelligence, inclusion, and cooperative learning. Addressing 19 common discipline problems, the author offers practical interventions and helps teachers put best practices into action-establishing a warm classroom climate, providing clear expectations, using authentic assessment techniques, and teaching social skills.
- Author BiographyKay Burke has served as an award-winning classroom teacher and a school administrator, university instructor, and international professional developer. She works with Kay Burke & Associates, LLC, to provide workshops for teachers and administrators in standards-based learning, performance assessment, classroom management, mentoring, and portfolio development. For the past 18 years, Burke has presented at state and national conferences such as ASCD, NSDC, NAESP, NASSP, NMSA, and IRA as well as international conferences in Canada and Australia. She is the author of 10 professional development books and coauthor of a college textbook on assessment. Corwin Press published Burke's best-selling From Standards to Rubrics in Six Steps: Tools for Assessing Student Learning, K-8 (2006), a 2007 finalist for the Distinguished Achievement Award for Excellence in Educational Publishing presented by the Association of Educational Publishers. Other books published by Corwin Press include How to Assess Authentic Learning, Fourth Edition (2005) and What to Do With the Kid Who: Developing Cooperation, Self-Discipline and Responsibility in the Classroom (Third Edition).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1084 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKay Burke
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.