What to Eat When You Get Diabetes: Easy and Appetizing Ways to Make Healthful Changes in Your Diet by Carolyn Leontos (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionPractical and on-target advice. -Marion J. Franz, M.S., R.D., C.D.E. Practical nutrition information with powerful health implications...Carolyn Leontos takes readers by the hand and leads them step by step toward the goal of good blood glucose control. -Patti Geil, M.S., R.D., F.A.D.A., C.D.E. From the moment you or a loved one is diagsed with diabetes, immediate changes must be incorporated into your diet because what you eat-and how you prepare what you eat-has a great impact on the progression of the disease. What to Eat When You Get Diabetes begins from that very first moment of diagsis, acquainting you with the types of foods and meal plans ideal for people with diabetes. But as Carolyn Leontos explains, you don't have to give up your favorite foods to control-or prevent-diabetes. In this practical and reassuring resource, Leontos shows you that a diet for people with diabetes can be filled with satisfying, delicious dishes. Drawing on her extensive experience as a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, she combines satisfying menu suggestions, sample meal plans and recipes, and ideas on how to modify your favorite recipes with the personal stories of people living healthily with diabetes. She also addresses such confusing issues as weight loss, meal plans, calories, portion sizes, eating in restaurants, vitamins, and effectively balancing food and medication. You will discover: Why you don't have to give up your favorite foods The truth about saturated, polyunsaturated, and mounsaturated fats-and trans fatty acids What constitutes a balanced meal What to order in restaurants Why fat is important-and why you shouldn't eliminate it from your diet What to Eat When You Get Diabetes takes the mystery out of good nutrition-and shows you how healthy eating can help you achieve lifelong wellness.
- Author BiographyCAROLYN LEONTOS, M.S., R.D., C.D.E., is a registered dietitian and a certified diabetes educator who has been counseling people on their diets and health for almost 30 years. A tenured associate professor of nutrition at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, she is well published in professional journals for diabetes and nutrition.
- Author(s)Carolyn Leontos
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2000
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.