What to Expect When Your Child Leaves for College: A Complete Guide for Parents Only by Mary Spohn (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.15+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to experts in the field of psychology, over half of parents experience some sort of separation anxiety when their child leaves for college. You may have been looking forward to your child s departure for 18 years, but w that the time has finally come you are experiencing mixed emotions. This book will provide you with valuable information and will help make the transition easier. In this new book, you will learn how to encourage independence, how to offer support, how to handle the drop-off, how to deal with empty nest syndrome, how to talk to your child about his or her emotions, how to keep the lines of communication open, how to plan meaningful family time, and how to teach your child to live on his or her own. Additionally, you will be provided with insight into your child s emotions, which will help you understand his or her behaviour, such as spending excessive amounts of time with friends, igring you, or being disagreeable. You will learn how to handle the emotional roller-coaster, how to give your child time to adjust to college life, how to prepare for your child s first visit home, and how to help others deal with the transition. By reading this book, you will learn how your life will change, and you will discover ways to fill the void. This book provides you with countless ways to prepare yourself for your child s departure, as well as advice from parents, students, and psychologists. Whether your first child is leaving for college or it is your youngest child going away to school, you will find ways to cope with this difficult time in your life.
- Author BiographyMary Spohn graduated from the University of Bath in Great Britain. She came to the United States from Great Britain in 1981 and attended San Jose State University in California where she studied Computer Science. She currently works as a Computer Systems Architect in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The college application process is very different in England than in the United States and so when her three children were in the process of applying to colleges, Mary made a committed effort to research and understand all the nuances of the college application process. As a result, she has been able to help other parents who are currently undertaking the process with their children.
- Author(s)Mary Spohn
- PublisherAtlantic Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Publishing Co
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight364 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.