All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionI have been seeking P.F. Sloan, but one kws where he's gone. -from the song 'P.F. Sloan' by Jimmy Webb. Absolutely ne of 'em could beat ol' P.F. -Lester Bangs, Rolling Stone magazine. What's Exactly The Matter With Me? is a first-person account of an extraordinary life and pilgrimage through the most fascinating years of American and English musical culture. This is a story of dreams, success, destruction, and miraculous resurrection; the incredible, heartbreaking, and ultimately inspiring story of one of the greatest songwriters in American music-and also one of the most elusive and mysterious. P.F. Sloan was one of the most prolific and influential geniuses to emerge from the golden age of the 60s, and a pioneer of folk-rock. Between 1965 and 1967, 150 of his songs were recorded by major acts, and 45 of those made the charts. No other songwriter has ever come close to achieving so great number of hits in such a short period of time. From his little studio at Dunhill Records, P.F. Sloan was a veritable hit-machine, writing for The Mamas and The Papas (that's Sloan's infectious guitar lick on 'California Dreamin ), Jan and Dean (the falsetto you hear on most of their hits is Sloan's), Barry McGuire (the brilliant and controversial 'Eve Of Destruction'), Johnny Rivers ('Secret Agent Man'), The Turtles, The Fifth Dimension, and many, many more. He wrote so many songs, in fact, that Dunhill sold him as seven different acts. Unsurprisingly, he wound up exhausted and broken, thus beginning a long journey into the wilderness-a journey of UFOs and psychiatric hospitals, healing and survival, and, ultimately, redemption.
- Author BiographyP.F. Sloan is a legendary songwriter and performer.
- Author(s)P. F. Sloan,S. E. Feinberg
- PublisherOutline Press Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black and white and colour in plate section
- Weight767 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.