What's Up as You Grow Up? Part Two by Dr Mary Jo Podgurski (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.78Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's Up as You Grow Up, Book Two, is the second in a two part series of puberty/early sexuality education for young people created in 1984 and personally taught to more than 8,000 9-12 year olds by Dr. Podgurski as part of her Real Talk for Real Teens curriculum. Book Two looks at the real truth about sex and relationships while reviewing the puberty information on Book One. Traditionally Dr. Podgurski taught the content in both Book One and Book Two to 9 - 12 year olds. She separated What's Up into two books when schools wanted a class simply about puberty. The information about sexuality in Book Two is developmentally appropriate for 9- 12 year olds. Adults should read the book with their children and initiate dialogue. Data compiled of participants revealed an increase in parent/youth communication even ten years after the program. Sensitive to gender and diversity, What's Up as You Grow Up is a gentle, affirming first look at sexuality. What's Up was created for use with a parent/trusted adult and a young person. It contains tastefully created illustrations of male/female body parts and discusses sexuality. Adults should peruse the book before reading it with their young person.
- Author BiographyDr. Mary Jo Podgurski is the Director of The Washington Hospital Teen Outreach and President and Founder of the Academy for Adolescent Health, Inc. She began volunteering with pregnant teens in 1976 and has created numerous youth development and education programs using reality-based, interactive educational techniques that are evidence-based and empower youth. Teen Outreach programs have reached over 18,000 students annually through in-school sexuality education in all 14 Washington County school districts. She directs a monthly Adolescent Advisory Board of 75 teens, maintains an active peer educator group (since 1995), and produces teen educational dramas through the Real Talk Performers. During 2011 Dr. Podgurski introduced her Real Talk for Real TeensTM trainings on sexuality education for school staff; these trainings provide activities, lesson plans, and PowerPoint presentations for 5th and 6th graders, middle school and secondary school students. The Real Talk curriculum has been tested over 25 years of teaching to 231,000 young people. Her newest (2102) programs are Inside Out: Your Body is Amazing Inside and Out, a child abuse prevention program, and Me Too: Real Talk about Sexuality for People of all Abilities, that champions inclusive sexuality education. Dr. Podgurski has presented over 500 workshops locally, nationally and internationally. Her publications include Games Educators Play One and Two, and numerous original educational dramas, including Till Human Voices Wake Us, a one act play about teen pregnancy, The Diary of a Teen Label, addressing bullying and stereotypes, and Txt Me, Luv Me, Own Me, focusing upon dating safety. Since 2005 she has authored a weekly newspaper column for the Observer Reporter paper entitled Ask Mary Jo. She is proud to be an adjunct faculty member in the Education Department of Washington and Jefferson College where she created and teaches the course: Teaching and Dealing with Sexuality in Schools in 2010. Dr. Podgurski's certifications include FACCE and LCCE from Lamaze International as a Fellow in the College of Childbirth Educators, certification as both a sexuality educator and a sexuality counselor from AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapist), certification through Parents as Teachers, and certification as a trainer in the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program.
- Author(s)Dr Mary Jo Podgurski
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.