All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionTypically, root cause analysis is taught by explaining a variety of tools that require users to gain considerable experience before being able to apply them correctly in the proper settings. What's Your Problem? Identifying and Solving the Five Types of Process Problems simplifies process problem solving and outlines specific techniques to help you identify the various types of process problems and solve them effectively and efficiently. Arguing that there are only five types of process problems, the book explains that the Six Sigma methodology-define, measure, analyze, improve, control (DMAIC)-can be vastly simplified for learning, applying, teaching, and mentoring. It identifies the five types of process problems and describes how to solve them using a three-step procedure: * Identify the type of problem * Find the root cause * Address the root cause Describing how to maximize ROI for Lean Six Sigma initiatives, the book: * Facilitates the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles to both self-learning and teaching others process improvement * Presents time-tested methods to help you reduce start-to-finish improvement/project times * Identifies techniques that can shorten the time it takes to complete projects, reduce documentation of projects, and increase overall understanding of your projects Outlining proven approaches for seamlessly integrating Lean and Six Sigma methodologies with learning and teaching process improvement, the book will help to improve your courses so that participants acquire essential skills quicker and at lower costs. For the self-initiated, this book will get you identifying and solving the two most common process problems within hours, rather than days or weeks.
- Author BiographyKicab Castaneda-Mendez is a business and process improvement professional with 30 years experience as an internal and external consultant to manufacturing, service, healthcare, government, and nonprofit organizations from 21 industries on five continents. He has authored two books and more than 35 articles, spoken at more than 25 conferences, and given more than 50 conference workshops on theory, tools, and applications on achieving performance excellence. He has taught several thousand people at every level from hourly to CEOs and has helped improve processes in the supply chain (marketing, vendors, R&D, engineering, QA/RA, manufacturing, sales), support functions (logistics, HR, IT, legal, finance), and management. He is a three-year Baldrige examiner and five-year Connecticut Award for Excellence senior examiner and trainer. Castaneda-Mendez is a GE-certified Master Black Belt, MBB/BB/GB trainer, and facilitator. He has two master's degrees (statistics and mathematics), a triple major bachelor's degree (mathematics, philosophy, and psychology), and a permanent Secondary teaching Certificate (mathematics) all from The University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Kicab Castaneda-Mendez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.