All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
About this product
- DescriptionYou can't breathe underwater, but a fish can. You can't eat underwater, but a fish does it every day. Named a Best Children's Science Book of the Year by Science Books & Films, this Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out picture book explains how a fish's body is perfectly designed for life in water. Now rebranded with a new cover look, this classic picture book features graceful text that invites young readers to imagine what it's like to have gills, fins, and scales. Simple, fun diagrams help explain concepts like how fish use their gills to breathe underwater. This book also includes an additional activity for kids to set up their very own goldfish bowl. Both text and artwork were vetted for accuracy by Dr. Valerie Chase, formerly of the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and Raymond Klinger and Ernest Tresselt of Huntington Creek Fisheries. This is a Level 1 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores introductory concepts perfect for children in the primary grades and supports the Common Core Learning Standards and Next Generation Science Standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
- Author BiographyWendy Pfeffer enjoyed early careers as a teacher and a nursery school director. She now devotes her time to writing and conducting workshops on creative writing for both adults and children. She is the author of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science book Sounds All Around as well as The Gooney War and Popcorn Park Zoo. Ms. Pfeffer lives in Pennington, New Jersey. Holly Keller has illustrated a number of books in the Lets-Read-and-Find-Out Science series, including Be a Friend to Trees. She is also the author and illustrator of many picture books, including Island Baby and Horace. Ms. Keller lives in West Redding, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Wendy Pfeffer
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleLets-Read-and-Find-Out Science Stage 1
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Holly Keller
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.