All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 200 million Americans consume food products made of wheat every day. As a result, over 100 million experience some form of adverse health effect, ranging from mir rashes to high blood sugar to unattractive stomach bulges preventative cardiologist William Davis calls wheat bellies. According to Davis, that excess fat has thing to do with gluttony, sloth, or too much butter: it's due to the whole grain wraps we eat for lunch. After witnessing over 2,000 patients regain health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic--and that elimination of wheat is key to dramatic weight loss and optimal health. In national bestseller, Dr. Davis exposes the harmful effects of what is actually a product of genetic tinkering and agribusiness being sold to the American public as wheat --and provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle. Informed by cutting-edge science and nutrition, along with case studies from men and women who have experienced life-changing transformations in health after waving goodbye to wheat, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what is truly making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this seemingly benign ingredient.
- Author BiographyWilliam Davis, MD is a preventative cardiologist whose unique approach to diet allows him to advocate reversal, not just prevention, of heart disease. He is founder of the TrackYourPlaque.com program. He lives in Wisconsin.
- Author(s)William Davis
- PublisherRodale Incorporated
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.