CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionFor McKenzie Wu, discovering she has a superpower has been anything but super. Molecules keep rearranging themselves to suit her slightest wish, but only at the most inconvenient times. If that weren't eugh, she's been dreaming about an accident; one she's had memory of until w and, if true, means McKenzie is responsible for her mother's death. When McKenzie stumbles upon a portal, transporting her and her friend Hayes to the tiny planet of Circanthos, she learns the inhabitants believe she is the One destined to save them from H.G. Wells, a name that sounds strangely familiar, and his Tsendi warriors. But while her newfound ability might give her superhero status back on Earth, halfway across the galaxy it's commonplace-all Circanthians can particle-weave-and if they can't stop H.G. Wells, what can she hope to do? With the portal closed and idea how to get home, McKenzie must learn to use a power she does t want and accept her mysterious past, or risk losing everything-her father's love, her new alien friends and the boy. WHEELS is a sci-fi adventure filled with mystery and romance-a coming-of-age tale that proves it takes more than super powers to save a planet.
- Author BiographyLorijo Metz lives with her husband and little brown dog in a hamlet just north of Chicago, IL. Though she has a degree in acting and directing, she much prefers the anonymity of the keyboard, allowing her characters to revel in the spotlight while she sits quietly sipping tea or coffee, nibbling on cookies, and dreaming up ways to complicate their lives. Lorijo is the author of the picture book Floridius Bloom and the Planet of Gloom, illustrated by Matt Phelan and published by Dial Books for Young Readers; as well as the author of over 25 nonfiction, educational books for kids, published by Powerkids Press. WHEELS is her first YA novel and first venture into indie publishing. In 2013, Lorijo will have another first as she makes her debut as a lyricist on children's singer and songwriter, Owen Duggan's new cd, Puppy Dog Jig, for which she wrote the lyrics for the title track. To find out more about Lorijo, visit her at: www.Lorijometz.com.
- Author(s)Lorijo Metz
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)Natalie Bergman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.