All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is only one question which really matters: why do bad things happen to good people? Out of a faith-shaking and senseless waste of a life comes this remarkable and caring book, which will help many. It has sensible and urthodox and mind-opening things to say about God - and about ourselves. Its author has wisdom and bitterness. We can learn from him, about acceptance and guilt and despair and the helplessness we all feel when 'ne of it makes sense' when we say 'why them?' or worse 'why us?'. We owe him our thanks - David Kossoff. Rabbi Kushner writes from a wealth of Jewish wisdom and pastoral devotion, but his theology is, I find, is wholly in keeping with contemporary Christian thought. So far as there is an answer to the conflict between the goodness of God and the bitterness of suffering, this is it - Gerald Priestland. It will bring new meaning, strength and hope to many - Dame Cicely Saunders, DBE, FRCP.
- Author BiographyHarold S. Kushner is Rabbi Laureate of Temple Israel in Natick, Massachusetts, where he lives. His books include the huge bestseller When Bad Things Happen To Good People and When All You've Ever Wanted Isn't Enough.
- Author(s)Harold S. Kushner
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/04/2002
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight109 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.