All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClear, easy principles to spot what's nsense and what's reliable Each year, teachers, administrators, and parents face a barrage of new education software, games, workbooks, and professional development programs purporting to be based on the latest research. While some of these products are rooted in solid science, the research behind many others is grossly exaggerated. This new book, written by a top thought leader, helps everyday teachers, administrators, and family members who don't have years of statistics courses under their belts separate the wheat from the chaff and determine which new educational approaches are scientifically supported and worth adopting. * Author's first book, Why Don't Students Like School?, catapulted him to superstar status in the field of education * Willingham's work has been hailed as brilliant analysis by The Wall Street Journal and a triumph by The Washington Post * Author blogs for The Washington Post and Brittanica.com, and writes a column for American Educator In this insightful book, thought leader and bestselling author Dan Willingham offers an easy, reliable way to discern which programs are scientifically supported and which are the equivalent of educational snake oil.
- Author BiographyDaniel T. Willingham is professor of psychology at the University of Virginia. His bestselling book, Why Don't Students Like School?, was hailed as a triumph by The Washington Post and brilliant analysis by The Wall Street Journal; it is recommended by scores of education-related magazines and blogs and is published in ten languages. Willingham writes a regular column called Ask the Cognitive Scientist for the American Federation of Teachers' magazine, American Educator.
- Author(s)Daniel T. Willingham
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width165 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.