All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionTo some, the tion of mixing religious groups and community organizing may seem a pleasing prospect, an idea long overdue. To others, it may be anathema. Like it or t, however, this blending is a reality that has been forged in streets and meeting halls day by day, from the very beginnings of our country to the present-day touchstones of President Barack Obama. How do we make sense of American society's mix of religion and politics? When Faith Storms the Public Square answers that question by challenging citizens of all stripes to consider faith-based community organizing as a constructive force in building democracy. This contemporary and historical study of a largely unexamined topic is by turns inspiring and provocative. It also points us to newly understood insights that can change our world for the betterment of all.
- Author BiographyKendall Clark Baker has extensive experience as an organizing pastor serving an organizing congregation, collaborating with clergy and laity of many faiths to improve the city through faith-based community organizing.
- Author(s)Kendall Clark Baker
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCircle Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.