All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCeltic have always been associated with colourful football in the more than 120 years since the club was founded to feed the poor children of the East End of Glasgow. Those romantic origins have been houred by the many great Celtic teams who have lit up the game t only inside Scotland but in some of the most memorable matches the world has ever seen. This wonderfully illustrated book provides a vivid and evocative celebration of the club's golden years. Drawing on the vast photographic archive of the Daily Mirror and Daily Record , it features evocative, exciting and rare images that show why Celtic means so much to so many people. Here are the famous players who proudly wore their club's colours, producing some of football's finest moments in a more incent age before commercialism took hold of the sport. All the Celtic greats are here, pictured in their prime and often in intriguingly unusual behind-the-scenes situations: from Jimmy McGrory to Paul McStay, Jimmy Johnstone to Henrik Larsson, Kenny Dalglish to Frank McAvennie. They light up these pages along with the great managers and the classic games in which Celtic have been involved. When Football Was Football: Celtic is t just about the showcase events and icons of yesteryear: it reveals the inner life of the club, with the players off duty, the vibrancy of the fans, plus the colourful and still intriguing lesser-kwn stories that have made Celtic so special. Revelling in the club's most glorious years, this is a must-have photographic tribute for any follower of Celtic and indeed any football fan.
- Author BiographyGraham McColl is a freelance journalist and writer. He is the author of a number of both critically acclaimed and bestselling books on Celtic, including Celtic: The Official Biography, The Head Bhoys: Celtic's Managers, Celtic In Europe, Celtic: The Official Illustrated History, Celtic: The Jock Stein Years and The Essential History of Celtic. He also assisted Tommy Gemmell and Bobby Lennox, the Lisbon Lions, with their autobiographies: Lion Heart and Thirty Miles From Paradise. Others of his books include How To Win The World Cup and '78 - How A Nation Lost The World Cup. He also edited and provided the written contributions to Visions Of Football; A Collection Of The World's Finest Football Photography. He contributes regularly to The Times and has written for When Saturday Comes and FourFourTwo as well as numerous other publications.
- Author(s)Graham McColl,Paul Days
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/08/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note250 illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.