All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis study begins with the analysis of a type of divine appearance in the Old Testament, here called 'human theophany', in which God is described as having a concrete human form. The book includes a delineation of various types of anthropomorphism (such as God appearing in concrete human form, as opposed to only in dreams), analysis of the implications of human theophany for ancient Israelite, Canaanite and Near Eastern religion, and discussion of human theophany in relation to appearances of angels. It also includes discussion of philosophical approaches to anthropomorphism.
- Author BiographyEsther J. Hamori, Union Theological Seminary, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Esther J. Hamori
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number384
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.