All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody wants to be happy. But do we really kw what 'happiness' is and how it contributes to a fulfilling life? In considering these questions, psychologist Chris Skellett proposes that: In order to live a truly fulfilling life, we need to strike a considered balance between Pleasure and Achievement. This simple truth, kwn as the Pleasure/Achievement Principle, lies at the heart of this entertaining, yet thought-provoking book. By applying the Principle to your own life, you will learn: * how to become more aware of your own Pleasure/Achievement orientation * how to enhance the quality of your personal relationships * how to harness the underlying influences that drive your decision-making style * how to experience a greater sense of fulfilment while at work, and finally * how to strike a healthy balance between the experience of pleasure, derived from an appreciation of the moment, and the experience of satisfaction, derived from the achievement of personal goals. In addition, you will be encouraged to create a structured personal plan that will assist you to enjoy a richer and more fulfilling life - a life well lived.
- Author BiographyChris Skellett has worked as a Clinical Psychologist for over 30 years. He trained at Birmingham University in England before emigrating to New Zealand in 1979. Over the past ten years, Chris has developed a strong interest in leadership and executive coaching. Here, he has helped many clients apply the basic principles of living life well to the pressures of the corporate environment.
- Author(s)Chris Skellett
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Weight365 g
- Width151 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.66Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.