All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- Description<b>Winner of the Orange Prize for Fiction</b> In the spring of 1946, Evelyn Sert stands on the deck of a ship bound for Palestine. For the twenty-year-old from London, it is a time of adventure and change when all things seem possible. Swept up in the spirited, chaotic churning of her new, strange country, she joins a kibbutz, then moves on to the teeming metropolis of Tel Aviv, to find her own home and a group of friends as eccentric and disparate as the city itself. She falls in love with a man who is t what he seems when she becomes an unwitting spy for a nation fighting to be born. <b>When I Lived in Modern Times</b> is an unsentimental coming-of-age story of both a country and a young immigrant . . . that provides an unforgettable glimpse of a time and place rarely observed (<b>Publishers Weekly</b>, starred review).
- Author Biography<b>Linda Grant</b> is one of England's leading journalists and writers. The author of three previous books, including <b>The Cast Iron Shore</b> (winner of the David Higham Prize for best first novel of 1995) and <b>Remind Me Who I Am, Again</b>, her acclaimed account of her mother's dementia. <b>When I Lived in Modern Times</b> won the Orange Prize - established in 1996 to honor novels of excellence, originality and accessibility by women writers - in June 2000, and will be her first work of fiction published in the United States.
- Author(s)Linda Grant
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication31/12/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Weight231 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.