All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionKaren Throsby offers a discourse analysis of interviews with women and couples who have had unsuccessful IVF therapy. Taking a feminist perspective, she argues that treatment failure produces a gendered burden of discursive work orientated towards locating the self, and the engagement with IVF, as rmal .
- Author BiographyKAREN THROSBY is a Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK. Her current research interests include pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and the donation of embryos for stem cell research. She has previously published articles on a variety of aspects of IVF failure and the end of treatment.
- Author(s)Karen Throsby
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication20/08/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.