All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I didna want to leave really. I wanted to push the red emergency button like they have on trains to stop and you have to pay a fifty pound fine if you didna mean it. I wanted to make the pilot turn the plane around. I wanted to go back to ma school. I didn't even kw what Maidstone looked like. It sounded grey. Grey, dull and dreary. No music, Castle, Firth of Forth, Lucy, Helen, Saturdays into Princes Street on the bus for GBP1, we get on for half I folded ma arms, arranging ma face into a permanent sulk with a clear 'No Entry' sign on it.' Isla moves down with her parents from Scotland to England and instantly feels herself in an alien land. But then she meets Luke and slowly their friendship blossoms into love. Each chapter reveals the alternate viewpoints of Isla and Luke - Isla the motormouth, Luke more measured. With the potential to appeal to both boys and girls, this is a brilliant first vel from a very talented author, also a teacher, who was discovered on the 'slush' pile.
- Author BiographyRhian Tracey is a teacher. This is her first novel, and she is currently working on a sequel following the lives of Isla and Luke. She lives in Northamptonshire.
- Author(s)Rhian Tracey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/08/2003
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight135 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
- Reading AgeFrom 13 To 99
- Interest AgeFrom 13 To 99
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.