All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
- AU $36.15Trending at AU $37.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Organization Fails: Why Authority Matters develops the study of authority as an area of investigation in organizational communication and management. As a research topic, authority has rarely been addressed in depth in the management and organizational communication literature. It is critical, however, to maintaining unity of purpose and action of the organization, and it is frequently cited by organizational members themselves. Utilizing two case studies, examined in depth and based on the accounts of the individuals involved, authors James R. Taylor and Elizabeth J. van Every explore the pathology of authority when it fails. They develop a theoretical foundation that aims to illuminate authority by positioning it in communication theory. This volume sets the stage for a new generation of scholars who can make their reputations as experts on authority, and is intended for scholars and graduate students in organizational communication, leadership, and discourse analysis. It also offers practical insights to consultants and management experts worldwide.
- Author BiographyJames R. Taylor is an Emeritus Professor of Communication at the Universite de Montreal, and is the founder of the Communication program there. Author of some 100 published papers, he has also authored or coauthored eight books. The Emergent Organization (Routledge), coauthored with Elizabeth J. van Every, received the 2013 ICA Fellows Book Award. Elizabeth J. van Every, a sociologist by training, has coauthored five books, including The Situated Organization (Routledge). She is also an active member of the research group Language, Organization, and Governance at the Universite de Montreal.
- Author(s)Elizabeth J. van Every,James R. Taylor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.