All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionUsing the latest scientific research in child development, Penelope Leach, author of the best-selling Your Baby & Child, details the effects of divorce on children in five stages of life infants, toddlers, primary-school children, teenagers, and young adults some of whom are far more deeply affected than previously thought. She explains recent studies that overturn common assumptions, showing, for example, that many standard custody arrangements for young children can be harmful. Leach s advice is meticulously considered and exhaustive, covering everything from access, custody, and financial and legal considerations to managing separate sets of techlogy in two households, and she includes the voices of parents and children to illustrate her points. Above all, she holds up mutual parenting as the ideal way to co-parent after a divorce, offering concrete ways for parents to put responsiveness to their children s needs ahead of their feelings about each other.
- Author BiographyPENELOPE LEACH is a research psychologist, a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a visiting professor at Winchester University, and a Senior Research Fellow at Birkbeck College, University of London, and at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust. She has been president of the Child Minding Association, vice president of the Health Visitors Association, and president and chair of the Child Development Society. She has also been a consulting editor at Child magazine; a member of the Professional Advisory Council of the American Institute for Child, Adolescent, and Family Studies; and a member of the Curricula Board of Sesame Street.
- Author(s)Penelope Leach
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.