All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.52
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Professional Women Retire: Food for Thought and Palate celebrates women's ways of kwing how to retire into the good life. Our approach is predicated on the belief that we may transform the outward loss of professional careers and identity to inward gain. Urging a thoughtful assessment of ourselves as retired professional women, we advocate finding a passion leading to tasks that will engage our minds and demand our commitment. We propose ways of living examined lives yet realize that minding our bellies is vital to leading a good life. Our favorite recipes, therefore, bring attention to food as a means of individual well-being and social bonding. The Tool Book offers practical, hands-on information with specific text references and recommended readings, directories of agencies considered especially helpful in posing, answering, or directing inquiries into part-time jobs, volunteer opportunities, continuing education, physical exercise options, and travel destinations. It furthermore shows how the book may be used as a starter text for group explorations, such as seminars, workshops, chautauquas, and focus groups, inviting women to come together to discuss issues, means of mutual support, and community outreach.
- Author BiographyInga Wiehl holds a B.A. from the University of Copenhagen and an M.A. and Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from the University of Washington. Ellie Heffernan graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Knox College with a B.A. in Political Science and earned an M.A from Syracuse University.
- Author(s)Ellie Heffernan,Inga Wiehl
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication11/02/2005
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.