All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionScholars continue to study the origins of fundamentalist religion in the twentieth-century. This study focuses on the emergence of Protestant fundamentalism in Los Angeles, beginning with late nineteenth-century trends toward religious radicalism and culminating in the splitting of radical and moderate fundamentalist groups at the Bible Institute of Los Angeles in the late 1920s. Highlighted in this study are the complex tensions between mainline Protestants and an emerging sectarian trend among those who would become militant fundamentalists, which continues to shape Protestant religion today. The importance of this study is evident to all who would seek to understand the complex political and religious currents influencing the modern world.
- Author BiographyDaniel W. Draney is an adjunct instructor in the field of American Religious History at Fuller Seminary, where he received his PhD in 1996. He specializes in the study of modern radical religious movements.
- Author(s)Daniel W Draney,Daniel W. Draney
- PublisherSend The Light
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleStudies in Evangelical History & Thought
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaternoster Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJames E Bradley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.