All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a quest to understand Van Morrisons particular genius through a close look at the most extraordinary and unclassifiable moments in his long career, beginning in 1965 and continuing in full force to this day: sometimes entire songs, sometimes single words or even the guttural spaces between words that become musical events in themselves.
- Author BiographyGreil Marcus is the author of Bob Dylan by Greil Marcus, Writings 1968-2010 (PublicAffairs, 2010), The Shape of Things to Come, Like a Rolling Stone (PublicAffairs, 2005), The Old Weird America, and other books; a twentieth century anniversary edition of his book Lipstick Traces was published in 2009. With Werner Sollors he is the editor of A New Literary History of America, published in 2009 by Harvard University Press. Since 2000 he has taught at Princeton, Berkeley, Minnesota, and the New School in New York; his column Real Life Rock Top 10 appears regularly in The Believer. He lives in Berkeley.
- Author(s)Greil Marcus
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.