Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionFifty survivors of the Holocaust tell their stories in this unique compilation of text and superb portrait photographs of the survivors as they are w. Some endured concentration camps, some passed as n-Jews, some fled, and some fought in the underground. Mark Seliger's portraits movingly capture these images of survival, and the personal accounts by the men and women themselves convey the power and pain of their brutal experiences. It features essays by Rabbi Arthur Hertzberg, Eva Fogelman, Yaffa Eliach, Anne Roiphe, Abe Foxman, and Ted Koppel. Searing first-person accounts, accompanied by black-and-white portrait photographs, tell of families pulverized, of loved ones murdered by the Nazis and of their quiet, determined day-to-day triumph over evil . ( Publisher's Weekly ). Exceptional photographs of the survivors by Mark Seliger . ( Booklist ). Seliger is a gutsy photographer...Seliger's subjects are gutsy, too-survivors of concentration camps and ghetto battles, refugees who fled to Shanghai and Switzerland, and a woman who was a subject of Mengele's 'experiments' . ( Kirkus Reviews ).
- Author BiographyMark Seliger is an award-winning photographer who spent ten years as chief photographer for Rolling Stone. He is now at Conde Nast and also shoots frequently for Italian Vogue, L'Uomo Vogue, and German Vogue. He lives in New York City. Leora Kahn is the founder of Proof: Media for Social Justice. She is currently a fellow in Genocide Studies Center at Yale University. She has been a photo editor for the past 25 years. She lives in Larchmont, New York. Rachel Hager, herself a child of survivors, is editor-in-chief of Consumer Reports Health.org. She has also worked as senior editor at Parents magazine and editorial director of ReadersDigest.com. She lives in New York City. Robert Jay Lifton is a psychiatrist and author whose works include Nazi Doctors and Witness to an Extreme Century. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Rachel Hager
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Content Note80 illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.