All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionWhen an adult child leaves the church and turns away from the faith of his or her childhood, parents are left with feelings of failure, confusion over what happened, and fear of what may happen next. Statistics show the breadth of this problem: As many as 75 percent of children who grew up in Christian homes leave the church by the time they are twenty-five (Barna Group). Writing with compassion and honesty, author and family pastor Rob Riew comes alongside hurting parents to share a powerful message of hope: it's never too late to point an adult child's heart toward God. He challenges parents to accept that they are the shortest distance between their child and Christ, and though they may t have planned for it, parents can--and should--still play a proactive role in leading their child back to faith. Riew directs parents to four tangible steps: -Offer your heart to the Lord -Turn your heart to your child -Draw your child's heart to yours -Point your child's heart to Christ Full of engaging stories, insightful action steps, and inspiring Scripture, <i>When They Turn Away</i> is a biblically based, practical book that teaches parents to forgive themselves, forgive their children, seek forgiveness from their children, and--ultimately--be able to affirm that there is greater joy than to kw [your] children are walking in the truth (3 John 4).
- Author(s)Rob Rienow
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.