All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEd Rasimus straps the reader into the cockpit of an F-105 Thunderchief fighter-bomber in his engaging account of the Rolling Thunder campaign in the skies over North Vietnam. Between 1965 and 1968, more than 330 F-105s were lost--the highest loss rate in Southeast Asia--and many pilots were killed, captured, and wounded because of the Air Force's disastrous tactics. The descriptions of Rasimus's one hundred missions, some of the most dangerous of the conflict, will satisfy anyone addicted to vivid, heart-stopping aerial combat, as will the details of his transformation from a young man paralyzed with self-doubt into a battle-hardened veteran. His unique perspective, candid analysis, and the sheer power of his narrative rank his memoir with the finest, most entertaining of the war.
- Author BiographyEd Rasimus flew more than 250 combat missions during the Vietnam War in F-105s and F-4s, receiving the Silver Star, the Distinguished Flying Cross five times, and numerous Air Medals.
- Author(s)Ed Rasimus
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmithsonian Books
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.