All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt all begins with a letter. Fall in love with Penguin Drop Caps, a new series of 26 collectible and hardcover editions, each cover showcasing a gorgeously illustrated letter of the alphabet for each author's surname. The unique cover art is created in a design collaboration between Penguin Art Director Paul Buckley and Jessica Hische, a superstar in the world of type design and illustration, whose work has appeared everywhere from Tiffany & Co. to Wes Anderson's recent film Moonrise Kingdom.
- Author BiographyWilliam Butler Yeatswas born in Dublin on June 13, 1865. Yeats attended school in London and in Dublin but spent his summers in Connaught, in the west of Ireland. Early in his career, Yeats was part of the fin de siecle in London and involved with Irish literary revival groups. His first book of poetry, Mosada, A Dramatic Poem, was published in 1886 followed by The Wanderings of Oisin in 1889. With Lady Gregory he founded the Irish Theater and served as the chief playwright. After 1910, Yeats's dramatic art drastically changed toward a more esoteric and experimental style, heavily influenced by the Japanese Noh plays. He was appointed to the Irish Senate in 1922 and received the Nobel Prize in 1923. His poetry volumes, in particular The Wild Swans at Coole (1919), Michael Robartes and the Dancer (1921), The Tower (1928), The Winding Stair and Other Poems (1933), and Last Poems and Plays (1940) distinguished Yeats as one of the most influential English language poets of the twentieth century. William Butler Yeats died on January 28, 1939 in Roquebrune, France and was buried in Ireland.Jessica Hische is a letterer, illustrator, typographer, and web designer. She currently serves on the Type Directors Club board of directors, has been named a Forbes Magazine 30 under 30 in art and design as well as an ADC Young Gun and one of Print Magazine s New Visual Artists. She has designed for Wes Anderson, McSweeney's, Tiffany & Co, Penguin Books and many others. She resides primarily in San Francisco, occasionally in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)William Butler Yeats
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight391 g
- Width130 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jessica Hische
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.